I’ve been trying to stay healthy during my pregnancy, and I’ll still try to be mindful on Thanksgiving. Below are some tips for those of you out there who are also trying to keep it healthy this year!
- Stick to the leaner, white meat of the turkey and other leaner protein sources.
- Focus on the sides that have lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Eat only your absolute favorite treats that are only around on Thanksgiving.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day so you don’t confuse hunger with thirst.
- Take a long walk with your family after the big meal (instead of falling asleep immediately after LOL).
- Have outdoor activities or a Wii tournament planned.
- Eat what you crave. When you have bites of the things you’re really craving, you don’t obsess over it.
- Relax and enjoy! Even if you overindulge on Thanksgiving, don’t let it get to you or make you feel guilty! This day is about family, friends and giving thanks!