As some of you may know, I recently went to the hospital for morning sickness. Thank you for all your well wishes and support while I was in there— I really appreciate it! My pregnancy had been pretty smooth up until that wave of sickness, and it hit me at almost 7 months!
That just goes to show that every woman’s pregnancy is different. My biggest piece of advice for every expecting mother is to really listen to your body. I’ve been reading a few good books on pregnancy and have been finding that the symptoms I get almost never align with the timeline in the books. I’m all over the map!
Even though everyone copes with morning sickness differently, here are a few basic guidelines I’ve read and experimented with that might help:
- Avoid extreme scents and perfumes
- Graze instead of eating big meals
- Speak up about what makes you feel queasy to those around you so they can also help (and avoid things that might trigger you)
- Stay hydrated
- Lie down and breathe through the nausea
- Snack on foods that are easy on your stomach
- Just listen to your body! Relax if you need to relax, lie down if you need to lie down, get fresh air if you feel like that will help.